BC BASIC WHITE WATER SAFETY & RESCUE WWS&R course/s:
18/19 July 2020 River Tay Scotland
19/20th Sep 2020 River Tay Scotland
£100 / person
Using a range of simulated scenarios this training course teaches safe paddling strategies and a variety of different rescue skills and aims to:
- improve individuals awareness of safety skills in the river environment
- teach personal survival skills
- teach throw line rescue techniques
- understand the need for structure in an emergency situation
- outline basic rescue protocols that prioritise the safety of the individual above all others
- introduce & develop the ‘clean rope’ principle.
For bespoke trips on the Orchy / Etive drop me a line....
Moderate Water Leader Aimed at paddlers wanting to lead groups in the moderate water environment. This award is discipline specific. Structure
2 days of training
Consolidation and practice
2 days of assessment
WHITE WATER KAYAK COACH TRAINING
Successful performance at this level indicates that a candidate has the skill level
required to lead a group of 4 paddlers (not including themselves) in appropriate
locations, up to moderate white water conditions and to judge the conditions and the
standard of the group and make appropriate decisions along with the need to modify
plans as required.
2020 Dates TBC
£100 / person
WHITE WATER KAYAK COACH ASSESSMENT
Contact James drop me a line...